Hi! My name is Felipe Schenone (aka Sophivorus). I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm a philosopher by training and a web developer by trade, specialized in MediaWiki, the software of Wikipedia.
This is my personal site. I use it to host and develop content and to keep track of my work elsewhere. About half of my stuff is in English and half is in Spanish.
- Wikidebate - Organized arguments and objections for and against controversial topics
- WikiJournal of Science - Free, open and Wikipedia-integrated science journal
- Mercado Ético - Online marketplace of ethical consumerism for Argentina
- Wikiar - Wiki for Argentina, including the law in wiki format
- Pixel Mural - Infinite canvas of collaborative pixel art
- MediaWiki Solutions - My one person company
Philosophy and Logic
- Formal dictionary - Formal definitions for philosophical theorems and theories
- Formal theory of causality - Elegant first-order theory of causality based on the formal dictionary
- DebateTree algorithm - Algorithm for computing the status of arguments in a debate
- Fallacy of the many arguments - Rejecting a conclusion because of a single refuted argument
- Primero, no hagas daño - Short essay about an underappreciated moral principle
- Solución a la paradoja del cuervo - Proposed solution to an old paradox
- Asimov's prophecy - Essay on the prophetic connection between Wikipedia and Isaac Asimov's Foundation series
- Extractos - Content reuse in the Spanish Wikipedia
- Gestión del conocimiento - Spanish course on knowledge management
- Spanish Wikipedia articles of which I'm a main contributor:
- Wikidebates of which I'm a main contributor:
- Should cannabis be legal?
- Should suicide be legal?
- Should abortion be legal?
- Should capital punishment be legal?
- Should voluntary euthanasia be legal?
- Should animal testing be legal?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should firearms be available to civilians?
- Should polygamy be legal?
- Should we colonize Mars?
- Should we use nuclear energy?
- Are humans omnivores or herbivores?
- Is there intelligent extraterrestrial life in the Milky Way?
- Are humans the main cause of global warming?
- Does God exist?
- Do humans have free will?
- Is morality objective?
- Does everything happen for a sufficient reason?
- Does objective reality exist?
- Should we go vegan?
- Is capitalism sustainable?
- Was 9/11 an inside job?
- Should we use the DebateTree algorithm on wikidebates?
- Should we merge all WikiJournals into one?
- ProveIt - Reference manager for Wikipedia
- DebateTree - MediaWiki implementation of the DebateTree algorithm for the Wikidebate project
- MOCA - Mysterious organic cellular automata I generated by accident
- Vivarium - Conway's game of life
- Formicarium - Langton's ant
- MediaWiki skins created:
- MediaWiki extensions created:
- MediaWiki extensions updated: